This post talks about the latest API I have added to PoGoAPI.net, the Friendship Level Settings API.
What is the Friendship Level Settings API
When playing Pokemon Go you can add other players as friends. The first time you interact each day you will gain a point in your friendship value.
As your friendship points increase you will gain new friendship levels which will bring additional benefits.
By improving your friendship levels you are able to gain additional raid balls, reduce stardust spent when trading, and trade rarer Pokemon between the two friends.
Getting the Friendship Level Settings data
This API returns current friendship levels and the benefits and information associated with being friends with someone at each level.
Returns a JSON array of objects. Each object will have the the following keys:
- allowed_trades – A list of Pokemon categories that you are allowed to trade at your friendship level
- attack_bonus – Attack multiplier that will be applied when raiding with a friend at this level
- friendship_level – Friendship level number, this starts from 0 for someone with 0 friendship points
- friendship_points_required – The minimum friendship points to attain the friendship level
- name – Name of the friendship level
- raid_ball_bonus – The number of raid balls you will gain if raiding with a friend with this level
- trading_discount – The stardust discount when trading a Pokemon with this level friend. 0.96 means the cost will be 96% cheaper than normal.
- xp_reward – The XP reward given when reaching this level of friendship
"Regular Pokemon in Pokedex"
"Regular Pokemon in Pokedex",
"Legendary or Shiny Pokemon in Pokedex",
"All regular Pokemon",
"All regional Pokemon",
"All Pokemon form variants",
"All Legendary Pokemon",
"All Shiny Pokemon"
"name": "Good Friend",
The full documentation is available on the PoGoAPI.net documentation page.
If you have any questions about this API or suggestions for other API’s contact me here below or on Twitter!