This post talks about the newest Pokemon Go API, the PVP Fast Move API at pogoapi.net.
PVP Fast moves in Pokemon Go
In Pokemon Go there are two different types of moves, fast moves and charged moves. Fast moves require no time to charge and will be performed each time you tap the screen.
These moves are the weaker of the two and in PVP are crucial to charging up energy for your charged moves. Fast charging moves are very helpful to use the more powerful charged moves.
This API will give the full details of the fast move such as the power of the move and how long it takes to perform.
Getting the Fast move details
This API lists all details about the Fast moves available in Pokemon Go.
Note: This API provides the details of fast moves and their PVP related data which are slightly different from the move data used when raiding.
Returns a JSON array where each element is a dict containing the energy_delta, move_id, name, power, turn_duration and type.
- energy_delta – The change in energy after performing the move
- move_id – The ID of the move in the game master
- name – The name of the move (un-internationalized)
- power – The strength of the move
- turn_duration – The number of turns it takes to make the move (PVP works on a turn based system)
- type – The type of the move
"name": "Sucker Punch",
"name": "Dragon Breath",
The full documentation is available on the PoGoAPI.net documentation page.
If you have any questions about this API or suggestions for other API’s contact me here below or on Twitter!